Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cinebarre - Mt Pleasant, SC

Okay, this is technically a movie theater, but they serve food.  What could be better than a movie theater where you can get food.   Oh, that's right, one with beer (or wine) that doesn't allow children under 6.

I almost never see movies in a regular theater anymore.  I know it's $10 here, but it's a small price to pay.

I like to get there about 30 minutes before the movie starts.  That way I can get in, get a beer to start (today was Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA with Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale for Kari) get my food order in so I can eat during the previews and get another beer as the movie starts (Lagunitas IPA this time.)  Also, getting there early ensures the pick of the seats so I can find the acoustic sweet spot (as taught by my good buddy Sheldon.)

A warning about two beers early in the movie, it virtually guarantees a potty break during the movie - small price to pay.  Experience will help you decide on the best moment to go to avoid missing critical parts (such as the death of the main characters father in Rise of the Planet of the Apes - oops!)

Anyway, I had the Bull Durham.  A thin crust pizza with Bacon, Ham, Sausage and Pepperoni.  Always delicious.  Cinebarre is one of the few places that can make a good, meaty pizza without the crust getting soggy.  I'd give it a 4.0.  (The movie gets a 3.5.)

Kari got some kind of veggie burger, but she's asleep, so I'll ask her about it later.

www.cinebarre.com

Cinebarre on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment